Confirming the powder that is used to prepare the bajji, I took the required powder and mixed salt and water making a guess on the quantities required. Slowly but steadily I ended up making a right proposition of all. First it was turn to make chilli bajjis, By slicing the chillis in middle i stirred them in the paste. With frying spoon in one hand and the soaked chilli in another I started dropping them in to boiling oil … then a question popped in my head when do I know it’s cooked?? The answer was “Don’t know!!!” then based on my intuition (which is rusted cos I rarely use it) I decided to go with the color the bajji changes to. When the color of the bajji was nearly matching to the ones that I eat outside I picked them out… after being done with the bajji’s i turned my focus to onion pakoda … thanks to pal who gave an idea on how to make it. After blending the sliced onions I started to cook the pakoda. After a hour long effort there it was in my hands the onion pakoda and the chilli bajji … Mission accomplished… or so I thought!
As no mission is accomplished with out issues, I too had two
First – I ended up ruining my kitchen with the paste all over, which took one and half hours to clean upL.
Second – “My intuition” – I ended up with half boiled chilli bajji’s like half boiled eggs Cooked external and raw internal … I should have realized that my intuition has gone to bins long time back and I m not supposed to use any.
To add to this, I shared the spoils of the mission with my pal whom I can call expert in these stuff (compared to me that is) and ended up with ear warming reviews …
Anyways the mission statement was “Make pakoda and chilli bajji” and not “make eatable pakoda and chilli bajji” – So I told myself “u have succeeded – change the mission statement next time and NEVER listen to ur so called intuition !!!”
3 comments:
there... there... dont be disheartened. Only normal ppl need good food. You can eat ANYthing and EVERYthing.
So next time try eating the raw ones and then jump into the kadai with oil. It may come out better.
btb, dont forget to keep the flame on high.
mama...u were the ONE.. u r the ONE.. and u will be the ONE... What ever u does, its unique (just like Gajji Logic)...
In the footsteps of Ashok-the great, u reaching high goals in cooking.. nice to see u here...anyway it was a nice try..!!
I am not saying that I am perfect in cooking.. and i will not say no if u praise me on this point..!! :P
I would have used TECHNOLOGY, if i was in ur place dude... google is there for everything... u could have searched for recipe there... :P
If not able to reach internet, we all have GPRS enabled in our mobiles.. u could have used google there...
where ever u go..
what ever u do..
when ever u want..
GOOGLE is there for u...!!!
!!!... GOOGLE ROCKS ...!!!
*** am sure, I dint consume alcohol while writing these lines
Mission without pernission!!! Submission to ur unusable passion!!!
I say from the geart to the stomach the mission was successful (never include the tongue!!it always messes things up.
Post a Comment